#15

Your honour,

My report continues in this email (attached).

Your impression might be that I am being hyperbolic in some of my descriptions, playing up the extreme luxury and wealth that I have witnessed. You might think I am doing this to spice up the reports and make them an alluring feast for the senses. You might also believe I do it to exalt a misplaced sense of nationalistic pride, taking credit as an Indian for the worldwide success of a countryman.

Any and all of these statements are incorrect.

In my report I merely state what I have witnessed. You can trust me to have been as impartial as a camera: my eyes the lenses, my brain the film on which the images were imprinted.

I only wish I had my own pictures to go with the words. Regardless, and despite the tight security and circumspection prized by Mr Bahtti, some of his more rebellious staff have taken pictures and posted them on-line. I send you only a small sample (1 page) of what can be found through careful browsing.

Yours impartially,

Vikram Chowdury

Attachment: report-07-07-2008.pdf

No comments: