#9

Your honour,

Since last week, I have contacted Ealing Engineering PLC. As you will undoubtedly remember, this is the company which employed Mr. Miller until last year. They understood the situation at hand and our predicament. They were somewhat apologetic initially, but I quickly dismissed that attitude. We are all working towards the same goal, are we not? A fairer, safer and more just world, in which we can raise our children trusting them to be secure, and to be avenged if not.

I understand my ideals might not be as modern as some of our colleagues, but they are my ideals. Regardless, the MD (managing director) at Ealing Engineering was very cooperative and provided me with the data stored in Mr Miller's phone at the time of his redundancy. I had initially asked for the device itself, but they contested that it had key business information which could not be disclosed unless there was a court order in that sense. I remember being unhappy at the time, but after I got back to my office and went through the data, my sadness turned to an all-encompassing happiness - the data proved to be very, very interesting.

Along with many text messages, emails and pictures, I found a video on Mr Miller's former phone. Judging by its timestamp we can assume this video was shot right after Mr Miller left the Mughal Motors underground parking garage. He films his surroundings as the taxi drives him back to the hotel while at the same time, he rambles about the past and how he feels. There are some surprising revelations in his ramblings, especially his history of violence.

The video was shot using a cameraphone so the quality of both image and audio is terrible. Therefore, I feel it is pointless to send your honour the integral video. My team has gone to great pains to clean up the images and audio so they are both intelligible. I am sending you the highlights of both in an easier to read format. There is so much material overall that I will make this a two-part communication with the second half coming next week.

Yours dividedly,

Vikram Chowdury

Attachment: video-transcript-05-05-2008.pdf

No comments: