#29

Your honour,

I can only apologise for wasting your time with my emails on the Miller family tragedy. These have been testing months for myself and I somehow thought that sharing this information would bring me some relief.

I was wrong.

The sense of loss and injustice I feel can only heal with time, far more time than has already passed.

So what remains for me now, your honour? Maybe to find a new case in which to invest my energy? A new case that raises all the issues I care about; a new case that is about ordinary people controlled by desires and impulses that are far larger than them. This new case will be a fresh beginning for both of us. I will keep aloof from its perpetrators and victims, observing from afar with a discerning and critical eye, making the connections, collecting information and helping shape your opinion. There will be no emotional involvement this time, just the competence of cold professionalism.

I believe with all my heart and dedication that this approach will work. The experience gained through the Miller case will help me immensely in the future. In fact, thinking about future cases reminds me of something I read about in this morning's newspaper - the Suffolk Slasher. Have you read or heard about him, your honour? Whatever your answer, expect an email from me on this case within the next week or so.

Yours apologetically yet excitedly,

Vikram Chowdury

Attachment: emails-02-11-2008.pdf

No comments: