#22

Your honour,

This time I am sending you the last fragments we have of Saskia Miller's unpublished novel.

As you might recall, the last time I sent you any pages from her draft novel, we were still in chapter 27. The twenty chapters between chapter 27 and the chapters I am sending now (numbers 48, 49, 50) are missing. My theory is that Saskia stopped writing them in sequence and jumped straight to the grand finale.

Overall, this would make sense as the writing here feels a bit rushed. In just a few paragraphs Jeremy (Tim's alter ego), goes from being alive and healthy to dying a horrible death. Was Saskia exacting a vicarious revenge on Tim through her writing? I tend to subscribe this view.

Regardless, this is but one of Tim's many deaths, and perhaps the most gruesome.

Yours literarily,

Vikram Chowdury

Attachment: draft-novel-01-09-2008.pdf

No comments: